Kclug Digest, Vol 50, Issue 24

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:21:01 CDT 2008

>> The
>> reason proved to be a typematic default setting of 600ms delay and 25
>> cps repeat. I myself felt that setting to be Obscenity Worthy upon
>> trying it.

whoever set that as the default probably set it there because that's
how they like it.  I can handle a 25 cps repeat, in fact it makes
shell usage heavily relying on the up arrow rather than the available
history searches more convenient.

It seems to me that in this instance Oren is guilty of magical
thinking leading to inadequate pre-release testing.

The magical thinking is that the default settings set for the intended
audience of the tool deployed would be appropriate for inexperienced
appliance operators.  This turned out not to be the case.  Just like
you shouldn't turn an unsupervised child loose with a half horsepower
power drill, ...

--
"The analysis explains how both political parties have come largely to
accept the main tenets of Reaganism, putting the United States on a