Xact USB skype phones. does anyone on list have experience with them. Possibily also integrating them with Asterisk?

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 13:11:34 CDT 2008

There is a vast gap between assembling a few "this is what I did"
posts from Google etc and being able to make them work.

Examples are too many to count.. The desired result is- emulating POTS
to the user. They pick up phone- get tone- dial- finish call and hang
up. It just plain works.  Details in progress- but one example would
be perhaps setting up a "softphone" demo for ITEC.
An unlimited calls per month Skype account is <$5 a month for the rest
of the story. I do wonder in the real world if a seven port powered
USB hub would handle a few such phones?

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645