Kclug Digest, Vol 50, Issue 24

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 16:57:38 CDT 2008

Actually- my comment and report is directed squarely at *PREVENTING*
such stories.

Look at the situation from the "appliance operator's" POV. 1.It's
Linux. 2. It was an epic fail. There is no number 3. As their view of
Linux is...

Vs a possible case of:

They sit down at a kiosk demo running in ram on a fast machine with a
fast connection. The experience is so positive they want their daily
use computer to replicate it. Which potentially gets one of US a few
$$.

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Fri, 9/12/08, gary hildebrand <wa7kkp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks like a rant about people whose computer skills
>> are limited by poor little Billy Gates.  I keep in mind
>> that those who love Wndows have never used anything
>> else; those who hate Wndows HAVE used something else.
>
> Of course, there's still the third category of people who continue to use Windows despite disliking the experience because Windows does something Linux doesn't do yet (and by this I mean the short list of useful things, not the "easy access granted to viruses" sort of thing), or at least something which Linux doesn't do very well.
>
> Of course, those people generally don't use colorful language in public places.

Oren Beck

816.729.3645