Google Chrome

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Sep 4 08:44:27 CDT 2008

I like the new attention on the JVM.  Hopefully Java and javascript will
be kept from dragging everything down to crash land.

To do what you talk about would be really easy.   See Webconverger.org,
boot CD with JUST a browser.   Made to be a kiosk boot CD, if you could,
then you'd just drop in a browser replacement for Firefox.   If Chrome
requires Wine, then you'd have to slap that in there along with scripts
to autolaunch Chrome and respawn it if it crashed or got closed by the
user.  You can also include any browser plug-ins once they start making
them for Chrome.   Of course then you have to ask the question of why go
to that work when Webconverger already does this, but with Firefox.

Brian Kelsay