DRM and the PRO-IP Act - Limited time opportunity?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 02:22:07 CDT 2008

--- On Wed, 10/29/08, Adrian Griffis <adriang63 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:17 AM, Leo Mauler
> <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- On Mon, 10/27/08, Jeffrey Watts
> <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Yet another thread that Leo has derailed with his
> >> BS.
> >>
> >> You don't like DRM.  WE ALL GET IT.  PLEASE
> >> MOVE ON.
> >
> > I like how you CC the mailing list on a personal
> > argument so you can try and get support from the
> > peanut gallery.  When you were a kid did you run
> > to the teacher every time you didn't get your way?
>
> Just in case any of you are irony impared, you should note,
> this is irony!
>
> 8-)

Of course it's irony.  Jeffrey Watts condemned me earlier for doing what he did just now.  I thought I'd remind him that he didn't like the sort of thing he was doing now when I did it a few weeks ago, and admonished me then for me doing what he did just now.

I used a lot more words, but I said essentially the same thing JW just said to me: "shut up, I don't like what you said and everyone should know this so they can agree with me."

--- On Thu, 10/9/08, Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Leo Mauler
> <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Rather disingenuous to claim that you never
> > intended for people not to be informed when
> > you wrote a huge E-mail to me saying it would
> > be a terrible idea for me to inform people
> > about Linux running on older hardware, and
> > reiterated your "stop it" command within the
> > same message where you tried to claim you
> > didn't want to prevent my message about
> > Linux running on older hardware.
>
> I like how you CC the mailing list on a personal
> argument so you can try and get support from the
> peanut gallery.  When you were a kid did you run
> to the teacher every time you didn't get your
> way?

And yes, this is a personal argument, but I'm responding to Adrian's comment about it, with whom I have no argument.