Linux users and wireless usage- Making a Googlemap of both Linux users and AP's

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 13:02:47 CDT 2008

The shortest form of the question is this:

Would you ever consider placing on a Googlemap either your site
locations or at least the Zip code? That's the bedrock of the concept.

And in addition would you ever consider posting a signal survey of
wireless signal around your sites? Note that includeds could be
home-work-other "nodes" you admin etc. The "why" is several reasons.
It could show how many of us there are a bit more clearly. It could
show areas to seek mesh net fill in spots or beams. There are good
implications we have not yet considered.  Worrying about the bad ones
is simply not productive ON LIST ok?
IF you feel bound to make comments not positive- MAKE A NEW THREAD!!!
I regret having had reason to post that - yet history shows...

If you are on this list and a Linux user- are you able to "see" or
even connect to any other ap's

The reason for this is to visualise  our increasing userbase, both
Linux and wireless.

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645