Mesh networking. Do we have anyone on list with practical hands on experience?

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 12:41:03 CDT 2008

I am planning to expand wifi coverage at my campground by using mesh
or traditional repeaters.
The total area is 40 acres. of which desired coverage is maybe 15 in a
few strips.
See the linked map for more information.

http://www.campdownunder.com/map.php

 The major desired coverages are the green shaded ones. After that I
can adjust as needed or requested. The 2 mesh projects I have been
looking at seem to share some overlap in development. Meraki is likely
old news here. ROBIN may not be.

http://www.blogin.it/howtorobin/index.html

The project has an interesting possible home here at the campground.
And also some major cred for KCLUG  and the participants when our
names go on the success reports.
You may be reading this and blinking  a bit at my term "participants"
Well- if you comment you are participation. and those comments *WILL*
be potentially all studied. Including what I just posted. The
Participation that will be valued: constructive comments on track with
the project or related directly issues. Anyone wishing to show up here
and climb trees etc at their own expense and risk. Any donations of
stuff or time that make this happen. I even have a limited budget for
stuff too expensive to be donated. Think of this as being part of
something larger. As what we do on this humble campground COULD be
replicated as an improvement to the lives of others. Oh yes, think of
having on your resume participation in this if it becomes known? If it
sinks?- just don't mention it..Mesh is a curious recapitulation of the
ALOHA model that made Ethernet+TCP/IP into the Net itself. I am
curious as a separate count what percentage of KCLUG users can "See"
at least one other AP from their own wifi gear?

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645