Ubuntu

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 04:34:05 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Jonathan Hutchins
<hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 17:46:36 Matthew Copple wrote:
>
>  > The only evidence to support this assertion is the stereotype that
>  > somehow, Ubuntu, and Ubuntu users, are "Linux Lite" and just want a
>  > Windows machine without paying for it.
>
>  This would be a fair assessment of many of the people I've encountered in the
>  #kubuntu support channel on freenode.  They are largely from Eastern Europe -
>  Romania mostly, they don't give a hoot about the OS and refuse to look at a
>  command line.  They just want to get the system up so they can run their
>  pirated games.
>
>  When the install process gets too easy and starts to do too much thinking for
>  you, you're gonna get those people who should never have left windows - if
>  they should even be running that!

All I can add to this is that the [k]ubuntu users who come over to
#fedora are normally the kind of people that I (and others on the
channel) don't really care for. I have no explanation for this, this
is just what I have observed.

( www.pembo13.com )