Ubuntu

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 14:14:22 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Jonathan Hutchins
<hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:

>  This would be a fair assessment of many of the people I've encountered in the
>  #kubuntu support channel on freenode.  They are largely from Eastern Europe -
>  Romania mostly, they don't give a hoot about the OS and refuse to look at a
>  command line.  They just want to get the system up so they can run their
>  pirated games.
>
>  When the install process gets too easy and starts to do too much thinking for
>  you, you're gonna get those people who should never have left windows - if
>  they should even be running that!

By stating this view aren't you just reinforcing the stereotype of
Unix geeks that we're all just a bunch of snobs?  Yes, I'm making
assumptions about you based upon a general stereotype of Unix geeks
and a small sample of your comments.  Much like how you stereotyped an
entire community based on your observation of a few people in
#kubuntu.

http://ozguru.mu.nu/Photos/2005-11-11--Dilbert_Unix.jpg

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a