Everything Is Relative

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 16:31:14 CDT 2008

--- feba thatl <febaen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would someone please care to explain to me why the
> hell people are talking about the nature of reality
> on a LUG mailing list?
>
> Did someone bring up quantum computers and not tell
> me?

Oddly enough the Microsoft vs. Linux competition bears
a distinct resemblance to the Catholic vs. Lutheran
conflicts: in 1991 Linus Torvalds "nailed" the 95+
lines of source code to his new kernel up on a
newsgroup, and ever since then the Office of the
Microsoft Inquisition has been torturing people with
strange and inventive EULAs to get them to reformat
their Linux installations, recently even taking a page
out of the Scientology dogma by making distributors
sign what are essentially "billion year contracts" to
only distribute Microsoft products.

Which is the last I'm going to say on the nature of
Reality as it resembles the Linux operating system.