Wikipedia editors spread Global Warming Propaganda

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:35:27 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Monty J. Harder <mjharder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course climate changes.  We have solid evidence of ice ages, separated by
> warmer periods such as the current one.  But the theory that CO2 causes the
> warm periods is completely bogus

The ice age / interglacial oscillation is perfectly explained by the
interaction of our planet wobbling on its axis going in and out of
phase with the elliptical orbit, or something like that.  Anyway we're
at the end of the current interglacial, in another few thousand years
the Lakotah Nation will be under a thick ice sheet and people will be
farming the bottom of the English Channel.

> Al Gore had the cajones to put graphs of CO2 and temperature up on the wall,
> vertically separated so as to make the eight century lag difficult to see,
> and won a damn Nobel prize for his trouble.  It's rank dishonesty, and we
> can't make intelligent decisions based on misinformation.  (ObOnTopicRef:
> Garbage In, Garbage Out)

The point of the CO2 measurement chart was not to make this false
straw man claim which you have mispercieved, but to point out that
current levels are abnormally high.

I like to think that the Rand corporation (or some such)  engineered
global warming sixty years ago as a way to (1) extend the current
interglacial and (2) allow more of the available land (siberia,
northern canada) to have a longer growing season.

I avoid getting drawn into debates on the topic since it seems that
anyone debating the topic with any vigor is doing so to avoid
examining their own problems, whatever they might be, but  I could not
help but respond to Monty's attempt to impugn Mr. Gore's cojones.

--
But some very large rats,
Ate his coats and his hats,