Humorous OT response to Re: Wikipedia editors spread Global Warming Propaganda

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 11:02:49 CDT 2008

--- On Mon, 7/14/08, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Monty J. Harder
> <mjharder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Of course climate changes.  We have solid evidence
> > of ice ages, separated by warmer periods such as
> > the current one.  But the theory that CO2 causes
> > the warm periods is completely bogus
>
> The ice age / interglacial oscillation is perfectly
> explained by the interaction of our planet wobbling
> on its axis going in and out of phase with the
> elliptical orbit, or something like that. Anyway
> we're at the end of the current interglacial, in
> another few thousand years the Lakotah Nation will
> be under a thick ice sheet and people will be
> farming the bottom of the English Channel.
>
> > Al Gore had the cajones to put graphs of CO2 and
> > temperature up on the wall, vertically separated
> > so as to make the eight century lag difficult to
> > see, and won a damn Nobel prize for his trouble.
> > It's rank dishonesty, and we can't make
> > intelligent decisions based on misinformation.
> > (ObOnTopicRef: Garbage In, Garbage Out)
>
> The point of the CO2 measurement chart was not to
> make this false straw man claim which you have
> mispercieved, but to point out that current levels
> are abnormally high.

I'm surprised there's any more debate on whether or not global warming is caused by humans after host Jeremy Clarkson recently stated on his BBC supercar show "Top Gear" that it might be a good idea for supercar owners to adjust their driving habits to slower speeds, to save gas and lower emissions.

Granted, he did so by matching speeds between a BMW M3 and a hybrid Toyota Prius for five laps of the "Top Gear" track, and got to brag about the BMW M3 getting 19.2 MPG going at the Toyota Prius' top speed, while the Prius only got 17.3 MPG at its top speed, but it was still a big change from past years of firm Jeremy Clarkson "humans aren't doing it" opinions about climate change.