TOR and Linux -in the real world- on lower end hardware?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Jan 9 11:03:44 CST 2008

On Tue, January 8, 2008 08:51, Oren Beck wrote:
> The short end of this is a question raised about traveling folks using
> TOR from Campgrounds on low end hardware.

Orin, wtf is "TOR"?  TCP Over Racing-pigeon?

It's bad enough when people use non-standard acronyms of their own
devising on IRC, where you can get an explanation in real time, but for a
semi-literate mailing list, we should do better.

There was an old "stylesheet" (book of rules for how things get written
consistently), I think it was the NY Times or the Times of London, that
suggested that the first usage of an acronym should spell out the term,
followed by the abbreviation in parenthes, so: TCP Over Racing-pigeon
(TOR).