TOR and Linux -in the real world- on lower end hardware?

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Jan 8 09:21:49 CST 2008

I'm guessing dog slow.  At or around dialup speed and slower as you add
more users.  You are already loading multiple users on a single DSL line
and add to that the latency with multiple wireless APs and then on top
of that you add TOR.  I don't think the 1GB Ram is bad, but I'm not sure
if the 1GHz PC will be bare minimum.   Check the TOR project page for
recommendations since it is blocked for me at work.

Brian