TOR and Linux -in the real world- on lower end hardware?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Jan 9 11:20:12 CST 2008

On Wed, January 9, 2008 11:03, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> On Tue, January 8, 2008 08:51, Oren Beck wrote:
>> The short end of this is a question raised about traveling folks using
>> TOR from Campgrounds on low end hardware.

> Orin, wtf is "TOR"?  TCP Over Racing-pigeon?

Ok, google first before you shoot your mouth off.  I should have had more
coffee.

I presume you meant TOR anonymization.  I actually thought you _might_ be
talking about bittorrent.

The only places I've seen reference to "TOR" has been on IRC, where the
comments have been pretty universally negative, in that not only is it
considered impolite, it's not very secure, and doesn't really do what you
think it does.  That's what I've heard anyway, so I didn't immediately
assume that's what you meant.  In light of that, I'm surprised to see it
seriously discussed here.