Merry Christmas -- for some

gary hildebrand wa7kkp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 18:00:57 CST 2008

Gentlemen:

After having my home repossessed (like many other Americans), I ended up for
two weeks at the Restart shelter in E downtown KC.  The experience there . .
. well I can only describe it this way:

If I were a survivor of the Holocaust, I wouldn't wish it on the Nezis.

I've spent the last 6 weeks at the Salvation Army shelter in St. Joseph, and
was ordered to leave today just after lunch.  Why?  Simple respect, and the
lack thereof.  Remember this story when you see the bellringers over their
kettles -- some of their fold don't understand and practice what they claim.

I wish all of you LUG nuts and others who aren't afraid to walk a different
walk than the rest of the US a glorious and wonderful Christmas and New
Year's holiday.  I ask that you keep in mind that many aren't as well off as
us, and instead of giving them a handout, a hand up would be appreciated,
even if it seems small and inconsequential.

And happy Channukah, and Merry Kwanza to those who have slightly different
beliefs.  May next year be brighter than this year.

Gary Hildebrand
[homeless]
St. Joseph, MO