RE: Hello, I’m PC and I’m Mac (and I’m Linux!)

Haworth, Michael A. Michael_Haworth at pas-technologies.com
Wed Dec 24 14:20:31 CST 2008

As much as Gisele might or not appeal to the eye, I would have to vote for Iron Man – I can see the ad already – Iron Man and the Iron Monger version:

Iron Man: I’m Linux.
Iron Monger: And I’m Windows. Me and my clones will rule the world! (Reaches for Iron Man)
Iron Man: (dodging) I am smaller, more nimble, and use less resources than my counterpart.
Iron Monger: (still chasing and attempting to grab) I will crush you! I’m bigger than you are. If I say you don’t exist – you don’t exist. (finally catches Iron Man)
Iron Man: As you can see from the two of us, I have a survival instinct (Iron Man escapes from crushing grasp) and Windows has very little grasp of reality. (jumps on Iron Monger’s back and pulls a few small objects out of the suit – Iron Monger starts to receive BSOD warnings in his visor) I can take a beating and adapt, but my friend here – you tinker with his system settings at all and then he has to reboot. (Iron Monger’s suit powers down).

Pepper Potts (walking on screen): I’m a Mac – I can’t do most of what they do, but I am good on the eyes…

Fade out to black w/ emblem of Penguin and the caption “Linux – catch the wave”

…Just my two cents…

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Michael Haworth