No subject

Sat Aug 16 21:18:54 CDT 2008

fear of inciting the wrath of roughly 50 percent of the Linux base by
picking GTK over Qt or Qt over GTK.  My current expectation is that
Chrome will run on Linux via Wine, with all the terrible that implies.
 Its what every Google desktop project has done, and I've yet to see
why that would change.

I don't quite comprehend the release strategy behind Chrome.  They
clearly wrote the blueprint comic book to assuage people who'd
otherwise be outraged on behalf of Firefox (note: it was not written
by blogoscope, but the seminal Scott McCloud
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/06/22/) .  I suppose one thing
it did do is educate Google about where their code hosting tools are
lacking: they're currently swamped in hundreds of duplicate bugs!

Justin Dugger