Broken network initialization (Was: Re: Wanted...)

Justin Dugger jldugger at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 30 15:19:54 CDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Sean Crago <cragos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately it works so poorly in my specific configuration, works
> so poorly with secured access points, that the primary tutorials for
> Ubuntu push users in the direction that I took. It's a damned shame
> that it doesn't work as seemlessly and easily as it does in the OSS
> embedded GTK Maemo, but NetworkManager really didn't work for me.
>
> -Sean

If you've tested with the latest Intrepid LiveCD, maybe report a bug
in Launchpad.  As you probably know, some hardware has less vendor
support for Linux, but we do what we can ;)

Can you cite the "primary tutorials" you read that moved away from NM?
 I'd like to read it as well, since I've been spoiled by NM working on
my hardwares.

Justin Dugger
Ubuntu Member