what ever happened to linux?(Rep. Cleaver/immigration rants, etc.)

Tom Bruno tom at limesg.com
Fri Aug 22 08:30:31 CDT 2008

>  of some folks who post here, my primary interest is in learning as much as
> I can about, you guessed it, LINUX.
> So, howzaboutit? If some folks wish to beat each other about the head and
> shoulders in a virtual world, why not go pick an open field and go at it for
> real instead of wasting our collective in-boxes with non-linux trivia?

(sorry for the double send. Gmail screwed up my list post)

 A Linux Users Group I don't believe is a group of people with 1
specific topic being Linux.  I believe it is a Social group that
connects us with people who have passion and desire for technologies
such as Linux, Open Source, and other topics that people like *us* are
concerned about.  Like the BMW motorcycle group. Do you really think
they sit around talking about BMW motorcycles?  No, the come together
because of BMW motorcycles but the socialize, discuss, and grow to
gether as a group of people.

 Linux users used to be out there all on their own.  Hell, as a
subspecies of humanity called Geek/Hacker our very social life is one
of loneliness as we sit in our basements every night hacking away only
seeing our *friends* in small little text windows that scroll.  To
afraid of the outside world to have multitudes of friends like normal
humans.  Then formed Linux Users groups that took our depressing
little sob story of loneliness and showed us that there are people out
there just like us.  It took us out of our basements and to an event
where we can finally realize just how awesome it is to see a person
face to face by offering us a social environment where we feel safe
and welcome due to a common interest.

 Linux User Groups bind geeks back into human interaction.  Who says
it has to be Linux interaction?