what ever happened to linux?(Rep. Cleaver/immigration rants, etc.)

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:32:27 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Tom Bruno <tom at limesg.com> wrote:
> where we can finally realize just how awesome it is to see a person
> face to face by offering us a social environment where we feel safe
> and welcome due to a common interest.
>
>  Linux User Groups bind geeks back into human interaction.  Who says
> it has to be Linux interaction?

The difference is that they occasionally, you know, talk about cycles.
 They ride em around town, and maybe BMW holds an event. Imagine if
the BMW group only ever talked about Harley Davidson, or political
views on immigration.  It too would be dysfunctional.

Here, we have a discussion dominated by a few, to the active
disinterest of a good number.  We can agree to personally filter and
ignore. We might even agree to make these hidden filters explicit.
But something more is needed. We need people to present their work.
For example, I don't think I've seen you mention Neuros Technologies
on the ML yet, even though it's of prime interest to the group. I'm
curious, why haven't you mentioned it at all?

Justin Dugger