HP Rant 2

Luke -Jr luke at dashjr.org
Tue Aug 12 14:37:31 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, you wrote:
> You should read this.
> http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/546038-0-0-225-121.html
> I especially think you should pay attention to the part where it says
> "Refilled inkjet cartridges had a better than 25% (1 in 4) chance of
> being dead on arrival or failing prematurely."  Sounds like you might
> have gotten hit by that 1 out of the 4.

Sounds like FUD.

> Maybe instead of blaming the company that makes the printer that was working
> fine with a proper ink cartridge, you should blame the company that refilled
> (or more probably improperly refilled) the ink cartridge that you purchased
> at a discount to save a few dollars.

No self-contained cartridge should be able to break a scanner.
Furthermore, I didn't buy a "refilled cartridge". I bought a refill kit. Which
was a trivial process. And with exception of the alignment printouts (that
printed black perfectly fine), the cartridge and ink is still all
self-contained.

> How much is your time worth and how many hours have you spent trying to get
> the discount ink cartridge working.  Did you really save money?

I can't realistically blame anyone but HP for this nonsense.