Pantent infingments?

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:48:27 CDT 2007

On 5/16/07, RtX <riverty at gmail.com> wrote:
> Exchange Server comes with a client license for up to 5 clients only. This
> means that only 5 connections are available, any more would be refused. The
> company (or owner) may choose to purchase more client licenses in 5 - 10 -
> 25 license packs from MS for more connections.

I've read about the MS license model before, and I've even helped a
friend buy a server and a copy of Win2k3 for a Win only
client/server/master program the payroll/accountants used.  From my
understanding, you have to buy a copy of Windows, er, buy a license of
Windows which also comes with a copy of the software you just
licensed...  Plus any additional client access licenses (CAL) you need
if you need more than the default for your copy of Windows.  THEN you
have to buy a client license to connect to each of the CALs you are
dealing with, which also most likely means a desktop license for the
Windows running on the client, or is the client license a part of a
desktop Windows license, and thus is the MS stink mentioned earlier in
the thread?

I guess that's like saying only IBM reps can come change the paper in
your feed tray because you only licensed the right to print from it
and not to self service it.   If you do it yourself you're gonna owe
them the money you would have payed to have them come out and do it
for you.  Or something.

Jon.