What SuSE users think

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon May 7 10:26:52 CDT 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 07:42:07 am Oren Beck wrote:

> The comment about Windows users sadly makes us appear uncouth.

Well, gee, sorry about that.  I didn't know we were so worried.  Maybe I
should ditchf the biker jacket so you can look more couth.

To explain my shorthand, what I meant was that they are below-average in
technical skill, able to install software if provided with an automated
installer, but not able to troubleshoot or correct problems.  That's what the
survey says.

By "lusers", I mean Least Common Denominator Users - the kind I really wish
Linux would not try to recruit.  Let Bill Gates have the bottom end of the
cesspit.  Linux is for people who can and want to understand and control what
their computer is doing.  Those who don't want to know should stick with
Windows.

Another interesting observation from the SuSE survey:  A vast majority of SuSE
users have been running Linux for less than a year.