What SuSE users think

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Mon May 7 07:42:07 CDT 2007

On 5/6/07, Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:

> Big survey of SuSE users:
>
> http://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/en/6/6c/Opensuse_survey_102_data_final.pdf
>
> Pretty much what I would expect, the majority are lusers who still run
> Windows.

I have to share an observation here.
The comment about Windows users sadly makes us appear uncouth.
If we wish to have our views about Linux taken seriously our conduct has to
be better than that. Yes, "we" might justify an "Us Vs Them"
mindset especially if we've been self educated and are good at what we do.
However, that will not make many converts. Educating and converting the
Windows user base is complicated enough. What made me need to comment?

A quite real risk of frankly ticking off some one who otherwise could become
one more Linux user

Oren Beck

"We are judged for what we say less than how we say it"