Two 16+2 port switches

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Feb 8 08:44:13 CST 2007

My basement switch failed yesterday, so I called Surplus Exchange.  They said
they had two 16 port 10/100 switches for $10 each, so I picked them up.  What
they turn out to be are 16 port 10M switches with a two-port 10/100 uplink
module.  Not what I need.  Will pass them on for what I paid.

NBase Mega Switch G Model NH218, with NH202-2MP Uplink module.  Managed switch
with SNMP.  Management access through nine pin standard RS-232 serial port on
front panel.  1U rackmount with ears, 120V(230V) power on back.  Two fans,
one unit is missing a fan.  16 10M ports, two 10/100 uplink ports, total 18
ports.