At least now I know why I haven't been able to torrent lately.OR: Anyone know any good ISPs?

feba thatl febaen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:24:23 CDT 2007

I got an email back from comcast saying that they "do not throttle
bittorrent" and that it's not an official comcast statement and shouldn't be
taken "at face value"-- so they're just blocking it all around and don't
want to admit it, as I figured. As far as fiber optic, as nice as that would
be, I'm in Olathe, so I don't think it's an option. I'm looking into
Everest, but their website is pretty bare, so it's kinda hard to find out
about things.  I figure I might as well try encrypted bittorrent, but having
to use special means to use bittorrent is as bullshit as having to use a
voice changer to call for pizza delivery, so if that's the only way around
it I'm not going to stay with them.

Annoyingly, it seems like all these companies are bundling phone service,
which I really don't need or want-- I've been free of a land-line phone for
years, cell phone only. On the other end of the spectrum, there's internet
only, which doesn't cover the TV.