Laptop repair

David Ambs dave at ambs.net
Fri Aug 10 10:15:04 CDT 2007

>> I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with the back light gone out.  I have been
>> quoted $350 for parts and $50 for labor.  Would you guys think that this is
>> a fair estimate?

I'm no repairman, but $350 sounds pretty high for the work that's
involved.

I replaced the inverter in my Inspiron 8600 just last year. I bought the
inverter from Hypertech<I think>, it was about $45. It's very simple to
replace if you can take the display apart. I actually replaced the bulb
first w/o luck, it took a little more work though.