Laptop repair

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 22:53:33 CDT 2007

Is that backwards?  $50 for a dis/reassembly of a laptop display
sounds very cheap to me.   A backlight tube and/or inverter shouldn't
cost $350, but a new LCD panel might.  I'd do some work and check to
see if they are just quoting a cost of a modular replacement for the
LCD panel, and not just the tube/inverter.  Just the tube(s) and
inverter would cost a lot less than a whole panel, but ht labor would
go up.  I've pulled tubes before and it does take a lot of
disassembly, but they are significantly cheaper to replace.

Jon.