What's in a node?- RE: talking about where processorormemorygoes and why.

Phil Thayer phil.thayer at vitalsite.com
Wed Aug 8 11:06:06 CDT 2007

I think that technology is headed in that direction.

You would have your "system-on-a-stick" (SOS) or for a larger system it
may be something the size of a PocketPC with a couple of terabytes of
memory with integrated processors.  The base station would have all the
KVM w/Audio connections.  The SOS would connect to a docking port that
would provide the relatively low bandwidth inputs/outputs for the KVMA
device.  You could easily include wireless connectivity into either the
SOS or the PocketPC device to have internet connectivity without the
need for a higher bandwidth connection to the base station.

The Video and Audio would be controlled by the base station so the
quality of the video or audio would be dependent on the base stations
configuration.

I think this is entirely feasible in the near future.

Phil