Registrars

Don Erickson derick at zeni.net
Sun Feb 19 23:00:23 CST 2006

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Luke-Jr wrote:

> Primarily, I left GoDaddy due to their blatant immorality. For a start, they
> purposely make controversial (liberally sexual, IIRC) and immoral
> advertisements.

Hmmmm, liberally sexual and immoral advertisements.  I must have
missed those.  Check.

> I have also heard many cases of GoDaddy purposely selling
> typo-based domain names for porn and similar illicit websites.

Probably registered oogle.com and yahooo.com to porno-pervananceiers.
Check.

> They also only manage your DNS if you use their DNS servers *only* (minor
> issue, and may have changed, etc).

Now, this one I don't understand.  How can anybody manage your DNS on
someone else's server?  They direct dns queries to whatever hosts you
designate, and that's it.  That's all anybody can do.

I appreciate your feedback, thanks for replying.  Competence and price are
my two primary requisites, godaddy still looks good on those counts.

I admit that I support several immoral business industries already, (gas,
food, lodging, etc. etc.) and I pay taxes to an immoral government and
vote for immoral politicians.  I buy immoral products and computers made
in China and, horrors of horrors, I run Linux.

A cheap, competent, albeit immoral domain registrar would not budge the
meter one bit.

Regards,

-Don