Registrars

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sun Feb 19 17:23:30 CST 2006

On Sunday 19 February 2006 19:01, Don Erickson wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Luke-Jr wrote:
> > For the record, I'll vote *against* GoDaddy.
>
> Okay, what specifically do you not like about them?  Did you have a bad
> experience, do you not like their service, or what?

Primarily, I left GoDaddy due to their blatant immorality. For a start, they
purposely make controversial (liberally sexual, IIRC) and immoral
advertisements. I have also heard many cases of GoDaddy purposely selling
typo-based domain names for porn and similar illicit websites.
They also only manage your DNS if you use their DNS servers *only* (minor
issue, and may have changed, etc).

That all, and the fact that there was nothing to *gain* from using GoDaddy
(the UI is nice, but MyDomain's isn't much worse). About the only thing I
actually miss is the interface they have for nameserver registrations (anyone
know how that works, BTW?).