Religion and politics (was Re: test)

Rick rick.buford at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:14:29 CST 2006

Well, while my comments are probably entirely inappropriate for this
list, I have a hard time feeling bad about making them in a thread as
pointless as the "test" thread. Frankly, I *like* to argue and debate,
but would not choose to do so about a topic that I didn't care about, so
I attempt to make the topic one that's at least worth arguing about,
however inappropriate the forum.

Of the 661 messages that I have archived since 10/05 for this list, the
"test" thread is both one of the longest and one of the most inane.

To see what I define as an "interesting" debate (about religion), as
well as provide a decent summary of my regard for other's beliefs:
http://mlug.missouri.edu/list-archives/discussion/2004-05/msg00087.php3
Here I suggested we actually take the debate off-list, and was
discouraged from doing so in:
http://mlug.missouri.edu/list-archives/discussion/2004-05/msg00091.php3

Anyone that would like to review my public debates on the matter of
religion (or politics, for that matter):
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22rick%20buford%22%20religion%20site%3Amlug.missouri.edu

Lastly, save that spot on your kill list, as I am leaving KC and do not
see the continued value of remaining on this list. The two notable
threads that I've seen in the last six months were more concerned with
one's posting syntax than anything linux related. If you'd like to argue
further, or just yell obscenities at me, please feel free to join the
MLUG discussion list. It gets quite lively =)

Rick Buford

--
----
Mortality sucks...