Religion and politics (was Re: test)

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sat Feb 18 17:53:19 CST 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 07:04, etbmail1-linux at yahoo.com wrote:
> I take your comments below to be a generalization to illicit responses as
> we have a *choice* on what to believe

While there is certainly a *technical* choice given to us, the only *valid*
choices are those which are in correspondance with the truth. A bad choice is
still bad and not acceptable. An example would be the very bad choices to
rape, murder, or such, which will land you in jail for possibly your entire
life. Another example would be the even worse choice to adhere to heresy or
such, which will land you in Hell for all eternity. As a result, while they
are still technically possible choices, they are foolish ones at best. I
suggest sticking with licit choices.

> (and what email threads to read,) just as we have a choice on Linux versions
> to employ.

Quite a difference. If there was one perfect OS, it would be a foolish choice
to use any other. However, since there are many OS with varying degrees of
perfection, there is a choice to be made for which one to deal with the
imperfections of.

> Just as I believe there is One God, my Creator, and Redeemer. (Not that the
> later is any way an insignificant choice.)

Regardless of what you believe, the one God would still be your Creator. Of
course, whether He is your Redeemer or not does actually depend on choices
you make, but either way He is still *potentially* the Redeemer of even the
atheist who does not believe in Him.