test

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Feb 17 09:32:38 CST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 09:25 -0600, Frank Wiles wrote:
>   Ok this is really getting ridiculous people.  I was hoping that
>   KCLUG would eventually pick back up and improve the signal to stupid
>   ratio, but it obviously hasn't.

Instead of attacking the discussion how 'bout making some salient
arguements? Or I guess we could just all throw up our hands and wait
another 3 or so months until we have this flame war all over again.
Let's fix it.

>   Jason, this post is what finally did it for me.  Some tips for your
>   future, it's probably not wise to cuss at the community you have such
>   a vested interest in and for something as silly as mailing list
>   posting formats.

Read that again, it's at a person, not the community as a whole. It
accurately and succinctly conveys my frustration.

>   There are some really important and useful things
>   to be upset and passionate about in the real world, maybe you should
>   take up one of those as your crusade instead?

I have a ton of crusades on my plate. Any one of these is no reason to
disregard others. Especially if less that 24 hours of heated email
exchange could make a difference...

>   Your "concerned participation" is driving people away. I'm leaving and
>   I would wager I won't be the only one.

I imagined that it might have that effect. It has before. But then
again, anyone leaving this list is making the *same* argument that I am:
signal to noise ratio is getting to low. Lets fix it. Don't walk away.

--
Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com>