test

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Thu Feb 16 19:13:02 CST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 17:54 -0600, David Ambs wrote:
> This list has gone from 'shit' to the 'pure shit' status over the past
> couple of years. I can't recall the last time I actually read something
> worthwhile. I thought dc-stuff had issues with arrogance. If you can't
> keep track of '500 emails per day', why don't you unsubscribe from a few
> of the '23 lists' you talk about? Who the hell has enough *time* to go piece
> out 500 emails, where probably a good 90% of them are worthless.

How dare you presume to know how I use those resources? Apparently, you
think that I use the lists in the same way that you do. Clearly that's
wrong.

I am subscribed to these lists because I run in to each of their
projects or communities at one point or another throughout the things
that I do a daily basis in my development and programming for the Linux
platform. I keep copies of these lists locally because mailing list web
interfaces are *horrible* and it's even worse to browse archives --
especially archives created by GNU Mailman; threading breaks at the end
of each month. There are a few lists I track regardless of what I'm
looking for -- KCLUG is, or was, one of them.

Who are you to make a judgment on my private reading methodology?

> I'm on a fair number of lists myself. If I get overwhelmed from idiots
> posting stuff, or the S/N is just insane, I'll unsubscribe that quick.
> Problem solved.

I thought I made it clear that that is not an option ...

> <note: intentionally fully quoted and top posted, cause I like it
> like that.>

Pay attention. We're not talking about that. That issue was dropped over
a year ago.

--
Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com>