test

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Feb 16 15:46:03 CST 2006

 Sorry about the top-posting, excess snippage, and whatever else is
annoying you about my message style.  I've said before that I am forced
to use a crappy mail client at work, currently Outlook '03, previously
Outlook XP for a brief time and before that Groupwise 6.0.  Groupwise
did nothing to help with indenting and putting the nice little ">"
symbol or anything else at the beginning of the line of the previous
poster's message.  By default Outlook doesn't either.  I thought I had
it all tricked out in Outlook  XP and then I got a new system image
whipped out on me.  Lost all my user settings, .sigs, even custom
address book, no biggy.  More signs of why not to use MS crap when you
don't have to.  But I have no choice while at work and do my best with
getting info, answers and questions to the list when I have time
amoungst all this crappy software to think about Linux.  I try to trim
extra email addresses, PGP signatures, maillist tag lines, sigs, and
cruft that is not pertinant.  I even try to use good grammar,
punctuation, spelling and use a little coherent thought in my messages.
Whether top or bottom posting, I feel my messages are readable and you
can follow the thought patterns if you are following a mail thread.  Who
actually comes in on something in the middle of a conversation and
expects to understand an issue without seeing the original message?

The WTF message was suppose to go to Luke-Jr only, since I didn't
understand his meaning of "federated MX".  I still don't.  Don't get on
people for too much trimming when you did the exact same thing in your
postings.  You trimmed all of Frank's lucid post except for what was
relevant.  Makes sense to me, but it is the exact thing you got pissed
at me about.  I know Tom just likes to poke you with a stick when
maillist standards come up, but you act as if I and other users
top-post, bottom post, trim or whatever in order to confuse, obfuscate,
or piss you off.  That could not be further from the truth.  I just want
to get ideas out there, get things fixed and move on.

But that is not the issue, the broken MX record, if that is the problem,
is the issue, let's concentrate on fixing that.