KCLUG.NET available

rcedelman@comcast.net rcedelman at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 18:02:10 CST 2006

Well, if buying some new (used) equipment is in the budget, I'd pick up a Cisco Aironet 1200 AP. You can get them pretty reasonable on EBay. I'd also pick up a couple of directional attennas. The Aironet can have multiple SSIDs, each on its own VLAN. Then all you need is some kind of device capable of routing between VLANs (I believe a linksys with hacked firmware can do this, or any linux router with 3 nics), and you're good to go. The only downside to this, aside from spending $$$, is that when you have multiple SSIDs on the same AP, you can't broadcast. This is pretty similar to what we use at Netstandard for our wireless solution, but we've got 3 Wifi networks on the same AP.

Rich

From: David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com>