Laptop for Church - Which Distro

James Sissel jimsissel at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 16:08:25 CDT 2006

I'd wait until Vista comes out.  Then not install it on anything.

Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/3/06, Jon Moss <jon.moss at cnonline.net> wrote: And that's what my pastor wants but we don't have the budget to buy a copy
of Windows XP.  He was even trying to get me to purchase XP Home Edition
and I balked at that one.

Thanks for the advice - Jon

 Sorry for replying directly dude.

 Whatever you do, do not install XP Home volunteerily. Possibly one of the commercial Linux distros will have the level of ease of use a and multimedia you desire.

 But to be quite frank, the only thing I have found lacking in an properly configured/setup Fedora Core is midi support. And maybe I just didn't give it much attention (had no real need for it)
 _
As a boy I jumped through Windows, as a man I play with Penguins. _______________________________________________
Kclug mailing list
Kclug at kclug.org