dual head nvidia board config for two monitors

brad brad at bradandkim.net
Mon Jun 27 08:02:47 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 01:24 -0500, hanasaki wrote:
> Getting the two monitors two work side by side as one really wide screen
> was darn easy.
>
> What other configs can be done?
>
> Can the following be done? how?
> login once to get both monitors going on the same login.  Each monitor
> is its own screen.  I got this running fine with two independent
> "Screen" sections both contained in the XFree config layout.  Just cant
> get the cursor into the 2nd screen....

You should have something like the following:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "2 Screens"
        Screen  0    "Screen0"
        Screen  1    "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

The "RightOf" directive means that to get the mouse pointer to the
second desktop you need to move it off the right side of the first
desktop.

Hope that helps,

Brad