CenturyTel -- anti Linux

ghildebrand at centurytel.net ghildebrand at centurytel.net
Tue Jun 28 02:33:00 CDT 2005

I'm writing this from a friend's WINDOWS machine . . . .

For the last 10 days I've been WITHOUT internet service.  Once again I can not dial into the Savannah CenTel servier, yet I can dial into other locl ISP's and connect (at least the modems do).

After raising a big #$%^&$%^# stink with Corporate, they dispatched a tech, who found NOTHING wrong with the phone lines, and blamed LINUX for not working.  Even after I showed him exactly what was going on.

My next goal is to file a formal complaint with the PSC and the MO AG and maybe they'll take my complaints seriously.

Their standard cop-out is:  WE DON'T SUPPORT LINUX
Then they stop thinking.  Yet it has worked just fine with Linux -- it is an intermittent and they have NO interest in finding out WHY.

I've heard from just about everyone that CenturyTel has rotten "customer service" -- and I have to concur.

Sorry about the rant, but I think CenTel doesn't deserve the business it has from its captive customers (ex GTE customers).

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO