Screen Resolution Trends

Don Erickson derick at zeni.net
Fri Apr 22 09:22:22 CDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Jared wrote:

> > But then, I'm still waiting for the browser that renders vector graphics.
>
> http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm

Wow, that is interesting.  I sure hadn't thought of that.  Complicated
paths would be problematic, but a postscript to javascript converter might
be possible someday, if the library wouldn't so massive to make the whole
project unworkable.  Oh well, I am constantly assured that the whole world
will be on broadband by next Tuesday.

I also just discovered that you can parse the actual window size of the
browser in javascript in addition to the screen resolution.  I may need to
re-think my approach in light of this, as my goal is to present pages for
"optimal" viewing no matter what browser, window, OS, svreen resolution
the viewer is using.  Granted I'm quite a ways off from this, but I feel
that it's the job of the web page to conform itself to the viewer's
environment, rather than expecting the viewer to tailor his environment to
the web page.

Regards,

-Don