Screen Resolution Trends

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 19:49:07 CDT 2005

This is certainly true of browsing the web, I've found
very few websites which don't demand a maximized
window to view the page properly.

I suspect this is the natural consequence of
ad-supported websites: the ad-supported sites shove
content out of the way to display ads in less than a
maximized window environment; the majority of websites
are ad-supported; so naturally web designers design
their pages to the lowest common denominator, which
demands a maximized window.