UML CASE tools

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Wed Apr 20 23:16:04 CDT 2005

Our company uses Rational Rose for UML modeling, and ERwin for DB
modeling.  But now you're talking serious money for either of those
tools.  Probably not what you're looking for, but I thought I would
offer it up.  Have you looked at Dia?  It will draw boxes that you can
connect.  You can't generate anything out of it, but it's got the
boxes.  Open Office Draw will do boxes with connectors.

Google pointed me here:
Magic Draw  http://www.linux.org/apps/AppId_6831.html  ($149)

and here:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Methodologies/Modeling_Languages/Unified_Modeling_Language/Tools/

Good Luck,
Jim

--
Progressive Values ARE American Values
Responsibility, Empathy, Freedom, Opportunity, Prosperity, Fairness,