Screen Resolution Trends

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 11:32:16 CDT 2005

--- Don Erickson wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
>
> > It's important to remember though that the 800x600
> screen reaches both the
> > 1024 and the 1280 user though, giving it an
> overwhelming market share,
> > while the 1024 and larger screens "miss" the lower
> resolution market.
>
> Oh, I'm certainly not suggesting that pages don't
> have to display properly
> on 800x600 screens.  I guess that I'm suggesting,
> due to the wide range of
> resolutions that most people are using, that
> static-sized pages should be
> depricated and authoring dynamically-sized pages ...
Absolutely. Web pages, should resize up/down to a
certain minimum width. Although, resizing a page meant
for 800x600 to 3200x2400 would be nuts. The graphics
and fonts might to look very ragged.

> the range is so wide now that dynamically-sized
> pages are certainly the
> way to go in the future, and the present.
>
> But then, I'm still waiting for the browser that
> renders vector graphics.
You should be able to do that with a vector graphics
plugin for Mozilla/Firefox. Or even a helper app.

Brian D.