Request for help: Debian firewall, and maybe some kernel upgradetips

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 13:51:52 CDT 2005

>On 4/14/05, Brian Kelsay <Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov> wrote:
> I just said that because when I was enabling FTP on my server and thru the firewall, I >opened port 20.  Course I listened to dj_goku and that may have been mistake number 1.  ;-)  >(We just love to bag on dj_goku.)

The only port I opened for ftp was 223. Also the router/firewall had
at the time 443, 222 open. So your port 20 was not needed in my case,
Jonathan #1 (jhutchins) verified my ftp was working. hehe Maybe port
20 open on your box is slowing down the scp and ssh connections... =)

--
dj_goku
-www.djgoku.com-