LARGE scale email

Phoenician Phoenician at phoenixcolony.com
Sun Sep 19 12:02:28 CDT 2004

<snip>crash 3m
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 11:26 PM
To: kclug at kclug.org
Subject: Re: LARGE scale email

better start reading, there are many options that may or may not make
your mail server secure...if you want 'ultra secure' unplug it and lock
it in a bank vault.  Any service that is connected to the internet is
potentially vulnerable.  As far as which email server to use...everyone
usually has a personal favorite.
<snip>

I understand that everyone has a personal preference; I also understand
that if I want a completely secure system that it should not be put
on-line.  That is why I specifically asked for peoples opinions.  I was
_hoping_ for insightful replies of people who have more experience than
I have in this area.  To this date, I have only use RH 7.2 and Sendmail.
I am neither attached to RH or Sendmail and seeing as how the company
that I work, which also happens to be a M$ solutions partner, I wanted
to get it right the first time.  The implementation time period is
relatively short.  So, that being said, is there anyone out that would
care to share their experiences?

- M