Gmail and Opera?

Sansavarous sansavarous at sansavarous.redirectme.net
Thu Sep 9 08:30:16 CDT 2004

I've found that about the only browser that I can use on gmail is
Mozilla-1.7.2-r1 on Gentoo. I don't use windows for anything other then
windows games. Gmail does not support Opera, don't know why.

Seems to me to be counter productive for gmail to restrict what browser one
uses. One of the main reasons for webmail is to be able to get your mail
anywhere on any system. Add to that they want you to use an piece of trash
like IE. Sure it's nice to have 1Gig. I don't really see the point. 'course
I've my own mail server, if I need more storage I add it. I think I've got
about 3Gig free.

I got a gmail account so I'd be sure to have my chosen nickname reserved, and
to see what all the hoopla is about. The interface is nice and the options
are handy. Thing is Yahoo and Hotmail are just about as good and they work in
Opera.