Gmail and Opera?

Chris Hoelscher jansdh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 06:02:40 CDT 2004

Howdy - I recently took up one of the lug'ers on their kind offer for
a Gmail account.  Using it right now, as a matter of fact.

Uncertain if it will become my email of preference, however.  When I
try to access from Opera 7.54 (under Win) identifying as MSIE, it
barfs on no ActiveX being enabled.  When I have it tell sites I'm
Mozilla, it "loads" the page, but it is entirely blank.  Anyone have a
solution to this?

Later on, I'll boot into Linux and try Opera there but don't know what
more to expect.  If I cannot reach Gmail from Opera, I may find that
to be a major problem as I am currently enjoying the latest version of
Opera (with M2 working in both Win and Linux, with Prefs man-handled
to use one common email location from both environments).

Thanks -
Chris H.