Gmail and Opera?

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Thu Sep 9 09:26:20 CDT 2004

Sansavarous wrote:

> Seems to me to be counter productive for gmail to restrict what browser one
> uses. One of the main reasons for webmail is to be able to get your mail
> anywhere on any system. Add to that they want you to use an piece of trash
> like IE. Sure it's nice to have 1Gig. I don't really see the point. 'course
> I've my own mail server, if I need more storage I add it. I think I've got
> about 3Gig free.

You say that like they just offhandedly decided to ignore Opera.  The
more complex and dynamic a web page is, the more difficult it is to get
things up and running under different browsers.  Gmail appears to be
_very_ complex and _very_ dynamic.  I don't think their IPO took in
enough money to get Gmail working under IE, Mozilla _and_ Opera.  :)